Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let's Walk the Walk

One of the reasons I started this blog was I wanted to have a sense of accountability to someone other than myself. To know I was going to be writing what was going on makes me think twice about my actions, what I'm doing and what I'm eating. Another reason I started this blog is I felt if I had other people following me on this journey and supporting me along the way the chances of keeping my motivation up would be far greater. Sharing struggles, ideas and successes along the way can really make this more about the journey rather than being able to, once again, fit into a size 12, or 10 or whatever, again. Is it the mentality of "misery loves company?" We ALL know that this watching what we eat, drinking 16 gallons of water a day and agonizing about those silly numbers on a scale isn't always fun and games.

So, to keep it fun and to do something together, I've decided to join in on this. Today is my first day, we'll see how I do and I'm really quite interested in how many steps I do take. I'm just hoping that the bigger the numbers on my pedometer translate into smaller numbers on the scale. So my dear interneters, let's walk the walk together and have some fun along the way!

No comments: