Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are

It still amazes me that I have readers of my blog. I’m totally thrilled that people do and it honestly it gives me a little charge knowing I get traffic to my site. So everyone out there that’s reading me, thank you. I never really thought, nor do I currently really think that what I have to say is all that important or really all that interesting. I live a rather mundane life. Home, work, and play. Repeat cycle over and over. But somehow, I manage to write it all out and people come and read.

Blogging is a funny thing. In “real life” I don’t like to talk about me, it makes me feel uncomfortable and awkward. I don’t like to boast or brag and I certainly don’t think I’m full of myself. But in this medium, it’s basically all about me. Me, me, me and I love it. So maybe I am more self centered than I think I am or maybe more interesting than I think I am or maybe you’re just really bored and are looking for something, anything to fill the time.

I love the community of bloggers out there. There are so many wonderful and amazing people with so many interesting stories to tell. I’d love to learn more about the people that come and visit, so be brave, and come on out of the dark shadows. I am always looking for new sites to visit so if you’re one of the many lurkers out there, leave me a comment so I can get to you! I promise I don’t bite.

25 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm out! Always looking for motivation wherever I can find it....

Rebeca said...

I'm out too (as I hand my head in shame) I read often and love your blog and the way you write!

Hanlie said...

Blogging is so rewarding! I enjoy reading your posts!

Lynn said...

*waves* I'm here... I spend a lot of time just lurking because I read sooo much faster than I write commentary...

Katie J ♥ said...

Waving at you from the crowd - I am here and like what you have to say so I keep coming back =)

Honib1 said...

I love stopping by.. I enjoy finding new blogs such as yours.. helps me stay on track!!>.

Angie Eats Peace said...

I am here. I lurk and comment :)

K said...

*waving*
Hello
I lurk and I often write comments then delete them before I post. I enjoy reading about you and "The Little Miss" because I am on the fence about having kids and it's great to see you develop your relationship with her. It puts ideas in my head. Maybe one day.....

Sandy said...

I do love your blog, and it's because you have a "real" life, just like me, just like thousands of women on here. I am interested in reading about someone who I have a lot in common with- weight, husband, home life, girlfriends, travel. Your posts interest me because I can see my life in there, too, and I love to see how you deal with all the obstacles, the fun times, the good and bad, the crazy friends, and the love you share with your family. You are definitely not boring!! And I appreciate you sharing your life on here.

Patty said...

Someone (??) posted about your letter to your body and I read it while eating, so I didn't comment. But I knew I was coming back to read more! I love your honesty and courage. Glad I came across your blog!!

Mary - A Merry Life said...

I love blogging and I love reading your blog! :)

Gigi said...

Okay, okay - so I'm not a lurker but just had to write that your take on things is so refreshing because you don't sugarcoat things. A rare commodity these days.

Christina said...

I'm not a lurker as I came out a LONG time ago, but just wanted to say hi!! Keep on posting and I'll keep reading.

H.K. said...

I'm always soooo careful of what I say to people, afraid that I might be putting my foot in my mouth. With blogging, I can be myself! I loved reading your blog from the first time I visit, your REAL about who you are and that's what makes me keep coming back!

Lovebug6100 said...

Thanks for continueing to write...it's so motivational, funny, sad....and sometimes your life is more interesting than my own!! Thanks!

Susie said...

Not a lurker, but a big fan. Glad to have "met" you in the world of blogging!

betty said...

hi; just started reading you this past week; I'm between jobs and having some extra time so I've been checking out other blogs and enjoying what I read, like yours. Looking forward to reading more

betty

Sarah said...

I am the same way about personal/bloggy life. I don't talk about myself or even have the focus on me for very long in real life so it's fun to take in all the spotlight online. If only in my mind :)

Tina said...

I love reading your blog. You are hilarious and honest and an overall cool chick.

Sagan said...

Hehe, MEdium. (I get a kick out of words, what can I say).

Love blogging and the community.

sara said...

Hello! I lurk and I started a brand new blog yesterday...please come say hi! Sara

Jean said...

I'm a new reader and love your blog! You're a wonderful writer.

Allison said...

I'm still reading, though I've gotten pretty bad about commenting. :) Isn't it great to find a bunch of new sites to read? I love reading your blog now just as much as when I first discovered it!

Dani @ PFL said...

I'm oddly shy when it comes to commenting on blogs. I find them comforting, knowing that I'm in good company!

MB said...

Hi ... sorry I do more lurking than commenting. I know how much I love getting comments so I'll try to shout out more often and let you know I'm here cheering you on.