Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well, I've Gone & Hit Send

About my last post.

First, I think Hanlie is right. I really don’t think The Bride even made the connection. Why would she? She’s been pretty clueless about a lot of things lately and I’m sure what she said in her email made absolutely ZERO impression on her.

So, on the encouragement of a lot of you out there namely Shelly, Cammy, and Juice I went and sent this to her:

Speaking of going out of town... Did you book your trip to your cousin’s wedding? I know you were balking at the $1200, but in reality, that’s not that bad. Just our airfare to come out to DC was that, so if you can do your whole trip for that rate, I think that’s pretty good. And besides, I know you appreciated everyone travelling to your wedding and I’m sure it would mean a lot for your cousin for you to go to hers.

It was the nicest way I could tell her what I really wanted to say.

13 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I think that was a very tactful reply!

Juice said...

I agree - nicely put!

Teresa said...

Nicely put, she should have gotten that subtle hint.

Girl in Carolina said...

Good for you! Very polite but to the point. Can't wait to hear the response! If I read that, I would go "Doh. She's right!"

Hanlie said...

Very good response!

Shelley said...

Perfect! I am so proud of you for bringing it to her attention!

Blossom said...

Ah...sneaky. Love it!

Asianmommy said...

Hehe! That's good.

Miz said...

great response and, I fear, a nicer one than Id have sent.

Aleta said...

You handled that VERY well. I'm impressed. Most people would have called her a number of things for that type of behavior. Kudos to you!

Gigi said...

Well put! I could never have done it with as much tact.

SeaShore said...

I applaud you! Very well said.

Anonymous said...

**claps**