Tuesday, September 1, 2009

CSA's and A Rant

I had a few comments from my post yesterday asking how to join in a CSA? I originally heard about mine through an article in the local news paper and asked around from there. There’s also this website which might be a good starting point, however, I know by looking at the farms they had listed in my area the list is very incomplete. If you have a local farmers market and there’s a particular stand you get a lot of your produce and fruit from, just ask directly there.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

On another note, The Husband is completely bugging me today. He’s going into work late this week which means he’s around disrupting my morning routine. And how is it that he is having a leisurely morning and I am rushing around getting lunches ready for him, The Little Miss and me. How is it that he is having a leisurely morning and I am getting The Little Miss ready for school. How is it that he is having a leisurely morning and I still have to rush to drop her off and rush to work, hoping I get there before my 9 o’clock meeting starts? Do you think he’ll step up at all and volunteer to take her at least once this week? Hell no. He won’t unless I tell him, I mean ask him nicely, to do it.

I’ll rant more about me being the cruise director and how all women of the families keep the shit together.

Have a nice day.

8 comments:

M said...

I swear, men seem to have this "laid back" attitude about everything while we women stress out to make sure THEY are pleased. Grr.

I hope you got to work on time :)

Shelley said...

Lol, you and I are both ranty today. I feel your pain and remember it well - it's always the mother's job to get the kid ready. Boo on that!

Hope your day got better!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Men just don't get it sometimes! I too hope you made it on time!

Anonymous said...

LOL...did you step inside my head!?

Sagan said...

Ah men. What can you do? :)

CSA's sound interesting.

Hanlie said...

Men! When we want to go somewhere, he picks up his wallet and cell phone and gets into the car. I have to gather and bring everything we need to take along, make sure the windows are closed and fill a water bottle, remember to visit the bathroom and switch off stuff while he sits in the cars drumming his fingers... GRR!

Aleta said...

One thing I will not do is clean when Greg is around. I know that sounds weird, but if I'm cleaning and he is on the computer, then it annoys the daylights out of me. SOMETIMES he'll ask to help, but I really don't want him to, because he gets in the way of the way I like to clean. Laughing at myself... but if he is cleaning his office area and the tool room, then I'm happy to clean. It's a weird thing, isn't it? If your hubby has extra time in the morning, tell him, "GREAT! I really could use the help....." and give him a honey do list pronto!

Tina said...

Amen sista.