Friday, January 8, 2010

The Bounty


Thursday’s are the day I go pick up my produce box from the local organic farmer. I’ve been doing this program since August and I split the goodies with a friend of mine. We paid $1000 ($500 each) up front for the year, which I know sounds like a butt load of cash-o-la, but if you break it down, it comes out to be less than $10/each a week, $9.62 to be exact.

Here’s the haul we got to split this week.

2 bags of salad mix
2 bags of spinach
1 bag of arugula
6 eggs
2 bunches of carrots
1 bunch of kale
3 onions
1 bag of snow peas
1 bag of snap peas
2 peppers
1 bunch of leafy greens I had never seen before

It’s all super delicious, super fresh and how spoiled am I that in the middle of winter I can be so blessed to have such a bounty.


16 comments:

Valerie Roberson said...

That is brilliant. I would love to fins something like that around here. What a haul for less than 10 bucks!

Wendy said...

that is awesome! environmentally friendly and delish!

Meredith said...

I am now looking into something similar in my area. I think $500 isn't bad for the amount that you're getting and the good your doing for the environment and your body.

Tony said...

I am jealous. I want some of that bounty.

Hanlie said...

It just makes sense on so many levels, doesn't it? I wish we had something like that in my area!

She-Fit said...

sounds like you hit the jackpot on all the produce! Sounds like a place I would love to have around here

Cynthia said...

Fabulous! I need to see if there is anything like this in our area. Though I suspect if there is, it doesn't go through winter, when I need the fresh produce the worst, sigh. I am jealous!

Sagan said...

That's sounds WONDERFUL and I agree, it's a very good price. Mmmm.

Aleta said...

Those look delicious!

Jane. said...

Your produce looks so good. I miss my CSA! It wasn't the best one I've seen, but it was mine. I'm on a list for one here, but even though I've given them my email twice, they've never sent me the application.

Asianmommy said...

Not bad for $9.62!

Stephanie said...

That's an incredible price for local organic produce. How wonderful!
weight loss

Alexia said...

Those fresh veggies look so good!

Jesus said...

mmmmm yummy great idea!!!!

Jim said...

Microsoft has Office 2010 Professional to remove from the subscription site to MSDN,TechNet, Expression.Microsoft sentenced to stop sales of Word and Microsoft office 2007.

nfl shop said...

Really don't know if I should go to express mood now. Hope that your blog will be better and better. Come on, support you.

nfl jerseys cheap
cheap jerseys free shipping