Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just a Bunch of Stuff

Well yesterday was another good day. I'm back down to my lowest, after gaining a pound or two over the past few days but for me that's neither here nor there. I'm looking at the bigger picture and the trend of weight loss. It's funny, I don't sweat the little ups but I really like to celebrate the losses.

In our bathroom, we have a cheap-o Taylor plastic scale, like this which The Husband picked up at Target a few months ago. It seems a little flimsy but I feel as though it's been working for me and I figure as long as I weigh myself on the same scale, I'll get the gist of what my weight is doing. Well this morning I stepped on it and the plastic cracked. Yes folks, I literally broke the plastic on my scale. Is that considered a fine example of irony or what? The weight display seems to be working still so I hope we get more use out of it before we have to chuck it. In the mean time, anybody out there have a good suggestion for a scale that I'm not going to break? I like the digital models and don't want to spend a fortune on it so if you got a goodie, let me know.

_____________________________________

While cruising the blog sphere yesterday Ready To Shrink piqued my interest in motivations and what is it that keeps us going or in my case, gets me going again. I hear a lot of times people are motivated to lose weight because they now have kids and they want to be around longer for them. I've thought about that on several occasions and honestly, I can't say I'm doing this for The Little Miss. I'm doing it for me. I want to feel better. I want to look better. I want people to react to me differently. I want to feel healthy and in shape and I want people to see me as healthy and in shape. I want to feel pretty. Of course, I want to be a good role model for my daughter and give her the tools to have a healthy self image and not have food/weight issues. And by doing all of this for me, I can only hope I'm steering her in the right direction.

_____________________________________

In other news, if you haven't already been there, it seems as though Grumpy is going through some major stuff right now and you might want to stop by and give her some support.

6 comments:

Missicat said...

Good point on what keeps us going...I guess I have to admit I want people to notice I look better. :-)

WWSuzi said...

Nice post :)
I've got to admit i do it for me as well. I want to feel better and feel healthier. I want to be able to do more.
Selfish? Maybe, but it's the only thing that will work for me. I've proved wanting to do it for others doesn't work.

Lovebug6100 said...

I bought a Taylor scale from Target too, and a month later, I cracked the top. My scale had springs that did the weighing....after that, the weight wasn't as accurate. So I went to Walmart and I bought this awesome digital scale with blue LCD large display. I'll see if I can find it online and I send you the link!

Unknown said...

Yes- your health should be all about you! Its what you want.

Christine said...

You should do it for you. If you do it for anyone else, you'd feel pressured and guilty. If you do it for you it's a lot easier to be happy about the general trend, not sweat the little gains and triumph over every little loss (even if it's the same pound a few times!)

Christa said...

I want to be sexy--and that's the truth. I want people to look at me and think, "WOW, she looks great." instead of "WOW, she needs to lost weight." On a weight loss show that I watch, one overweight man said that every excess pound on his body was an emotional scar and I can so relate to that--lucky enough that these are scars that we can shed.