Friday, March 27, 2009

Afternoon Delight

So The Husband has been home early all week, which may sound wonderful, but really, not so much. He’s been getting home around 2:30pm and it’s been putting a cramp in my solo afternoons. This week The Little Miss was scheduled to be at school all day and not to be picked up until 4:30 which meant The Husband and I had a couple hours each day to ourselves. No child, no work, just us.

I know what you’re thinking, oh, a little afternoon delight. Yeah, no. I hate afternoon sex. Seems like too much information when the lights are on. Even though The Husband has seen me naked, has seem me birth a baby and seen me from every direction, but I still feel really self conscious about knocking boots in the light. My belly is stretched and wobbly, my boobs hang low, I have stretch marks over too much of my body and I’m just too wierded out by him seeing me like that. I know, when he’s in the moment, the LAST thing he’s thinking of or seeing is all that stuff, he’s just seeing the woman he loves totally naked, with him.

So, sadly for The Husband, the week of a seemingly illicit afternoon rendezvous has come to an end with no action on my part. I promise I’ll make it up to him, sometime soon, but definitely in the stealth darkness of night.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

lol That is my fav time of the day and I am SO not thinking about what the day light shows. lol

Teresa said...

Too funny, but most men don't care anyways. At least you had some quality time alone, even if your to weirded out for the daytime romp through the bed.

H.K. said...

It's great that you have a husband that is understanding. There are many women who feel like you. We have a teenager in the house, whose bedroom is just a few feet away. So, we just grab anytime when he's not in the house!

ani pesto said...

eeee I'm so with you on that. Since losing weight my body self consciousness has actually increased. My baps used to be big and rounded and full and now they're... well you don't need graphic descriptions... suffice to say, now they're not.

Hope you finding fun alternative ways to spend your afternoons.

new*me said...

ha ha :) With us it has to be before dark or I fall asleep! I'm such a baby when it comes to staying up late........I need my sleep! I have all the body issues you describe and hubby still seems in lust with me ALL the time.....go figure! My drive needs some help!

Sagan said...

Heh I don't much like it either- mostly just because "afternoon delight" always seem so cheesy!

Must have been nice to have a little time to yourselves, though, anyways :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Not even if it burns extra calories? :)

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

I am coming out of hiding! (LOL) I can relate with you on the afternoon sex thing! :) It's HORRIBLE!!!! All the body parts shaking is just GROSS when you can SEE it! ;) I am off to get caught up on your blog ;)

Hanlie said...

I don't mind at all! I can't even remember when last I've made love to my husband in the dark...