Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Please Say Good-Bye

I have to think that most of us consider the people whose blogs we read every day as our friends. You know that my daughter calls my pubic hair puffies , that my former in the closet gay boyfriend is semi-stalking me, and that I drink too much. And in return I know a lot about you too. I always get a little worried when my friends stop blogging and I don’t know what’s happening. It’s like I’m being punished for something that I didn’t do. So what do you think it means when people suddenly stop blogging? Too busy? Started a new site? Off the wagon?

Here’s a few of my favorite bloggers that have mysteriously disappeared, I worry about them and hope they are doing well.

There’s her and her and her and of course others.

So people, if you are not going to blog anymore, can you do me a favor and just put up a little see ya later post so I don’t have to worry about you?


16 comments:

Juice said...

I totally agree! I hate when people stop blogging with no warning.

Tricia said...

I always think the worst when someone disappears. Like how could they possibly give up the world of Blogger? They must be dead :(

Hopefully that's not the case though!

Girl in Carolina said...

A-freakin-men!

Aleta said...

Man, is that the truth! I get worried too. I love to read about people's lives and come to think of them as my friend. We share so much, not just in the posts, but also in the comments. I totally agree with you - let us know and I'll try to remember to do the same. Good idea!

SL said...

Yes yes yes!!!

Sandy said...

I've gone through that, one of my very first followers and in turn one of the first blogs I started reading, has fallen off the map. Her last post was about having the flu, and that was like two months ago. Gone! What happened!!!!!

Hanlie said...

I so agree! And in fact, give someone you trust power of blog, so that if something dreadful happens to you, that person can at least let your friends know. I hope all three these ladies, and some others who have stopped blogging, are okay...

Unknown said...

ooh this is so true...I wont stop without a goodbye, but then again I dont see myself stopping! lol :)

MizFit said...

I KNOW!
I feel the same way and have my swansong post already written so, should I hit that point inahurryoneweek, I dont need to muster the motivation to write it then.

Im a planner :)

or a realist.

Gigi said...

I know just what you mean and agree totally. I always assume the worst but hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's hilarious! I hate it when people quit without saying goodbye. It's like a close friend that lives nearby moving and not telling anyone!

Asianmommy said...

I feel the same way. I also feel sad when they say they're taking a break in October, but then never come back.

Sagan said...

Yes. There's quite a few who have just dropped off the map without saying anything- gotta hope that they're okay. But it's much more peace of mind if there's a goodbye!

SeaShore said...

Yeah, it's sad. Maybe they don't sign off because they're hoping they'll get back to it?

Allison said...

I'm friends with Alli from Chocolate Cake for the Soul on Facebook. She is most certainly still kicking. Not sure what's going on with her blog though.

Mal said...

I'm back-ish. Sorry to worry you.