Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet and Sour

On the sweet side...

I’m on day 4 of no sugar. So far so good. Yesterday I was being physically attacked by cravings, but held my ground. Tonight will be tough since I’m having some of my favorite girl friends over for a friend’s birthday celebration and there will be a Pavlova made. I may just have to bite, just one itsy bitsy bite.

On the sour side...

As an update to Friday’s post, I appreciate all the comments. My friend is super happy and I’m happy for that. She deserves to feel the bliss, the joy, that over the moon feeling. Over the past 2 years of their relationship, I’ve opted to keep my mouth shut, as much as I was able, about how I really feel. There have been a few times where I’ve said things like, “I think Mr. Wonderful seems like he would be a good partner for someone, but I’m just not sure that person is you. But, I just want you to be happy and if being with Mr. Wonderful makes you happy, that’s great.” And yes, it is hard for me to watch her go down this path, but it is her life and I’ll be there if the chips fall and she does need a friend. It’s not the right time for me to turn my head now.

In addition, the Bride, lives on the opposite side of this country and I finally spoke with her in person this morning. She asked me to be her matron of honor, and I said yes only on the condition I didn’t have to give a toast. I just don’t thing I can stand there and lie in front of that many people about how happy I am and what a wonderful partnership this is.

10 comments:

SL said...

I've never heard of pavlova before, but it does look YUMMY. WTG on cutting out sugar.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

If your suspicions are correct, your friend will need your support later. Good for you for being there for her.

And we'll be here for you if that Pavlova thing doesn't go well. :)
(Seriously, four days is FANTASTIC! I don't think I could do it.)

Shrink to Fit said...

Awesome! 4 days without sugar! I'm impressed. That Pavlova thing looks delightfully dangerous!

Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

you are my hero with regards to the sugar.
seriously.

and the hardest part of being a good friend sometimes is waiting for the inevitable fall.

Im doing that right now as well and just plan to be there to catch her...

FashionHunter said...

I just came across your blog. I live in the same area and I'm hoping some of your blog posts will help me see the LA blinders every once in a while, especially when it comes to health and fitness.
healthyhunter.blogspot.com

ptg said...

Wow, four days of no sugar!? I am so incredibly impressed...there's no way I could do that!

As for your friend, i agree with Cammy. She'll need your support later. Speaking as someone who married the wrong man first, and who had friends trying to warn her, I didn't listen, and wouldn't listen, because "they didn't know" and "I was in love." So be there for her for when you know you'll be needed. She'll appreciate it and love you for it all the more.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say HI and tell you that I am enjoying your bog. :)

tjstestkitchen@blogspot.com

Missicat said...

Four days without sugar? Very impressive...

That is a tough situation to be in - unfortunately people see what they want to see and there isn't much you can do about it, except be a good friend (which sounds like what you are doing!).

Mission4Christ Media said...

I had pavloda before and it taste really good!

Hanlie said...

Going sugar-free is a hugely positive step. I have been for a long time and don't miss it at all. If I feel like something sweet I have fruit.

And it's wise to ask not to have to make a speech or propose a toast at your friend's wedding.